The Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre (BBC) is a new tourist attraction for Siem Reap Province featuring a live display of Cambodian butterflies. Revenue generated by tourist admissions provides support for local poverty alleviation and conservation projects.
Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre (BBC) is an interactive butterfly exhibit located 25 km north of Siem Reap, on the road to the Landmine Museum and Bantey Srey temple. The exhibit consists of a netted tropical garden with thousands of free-flying butterflies, all of which are native species to Cambodia. The enclosure is South East Asia's largest butterfly exhibit and provides residents and tourists with an interactive and visual environment to learn about butterflies and support local communities.
At BBC it is possible to experience butterflies feeding and flying very close at hand and to witness the complete life cycle of many species. The butterflies (in pupae form) are farmed sustainably by people from villages in the Siem Reap Province. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will greet you on your arrival and will explain the background to the project and about butterfly life-cycle and ecology.
We are open 7 days a week, 9 am - 5 pm, all year round.
Admission Fees Adult: $6 Child: $3
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Khmer ancient and modern world tour 1Day
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Kratie - Kompong Cham tour 3Days
- Flight of Gibbon at Angkor Wat
- Cambodia - Past & Present tour 1Day
- Angkor Wat Sunrise and Temples from Siem Reap Small-Group
- Nothern Cambodia Explorer 14Days-13Nights
- Phnom Kulen and 1000 Lingas River - Private Day Tour from Siem Reap
- Private Overland Transfer Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- Remote temples tour 1Day
- Angkor National Museum
- Royal Cities Explorer 7Days-6Nights
- Roluos and Kompong Phluk tour 1Day