The tenth century temple of Banteay Srei is renowned for its intricate decoration carved in pinkish sandstone that covers the walls like tapestry. This site warrants as much time as your schedule allows.
The roads have been recently repaired and it takes about 30 minutes from Siem Reap to get to the temple. To reach Banteay Srei, follow the main road north out of Siem Reap, turn right at Angkor Wat and follow the road to Srah Srang where you turn right past Pre Rup.
At the East Mebon there is a check post where you need to obtain clearnce. Turn right again at the road before the East Mebon; pass through the village of Phoum Pradak, where there is a junctions (if you continue straight, after about 5 minutes, you will reach Banteay Samre). At this point, you come to a fork; take the road on the left and follow it to Batneay Srei which you will reach shortly after crossing two rivers - on your left hand side.
Banteay Srei is an exquisite miniature; a fairy palace in the heart of an immense and mysterious forest; the very thing that Grimm delighted to imagine, and that every child's heart has yearned after, but which mature years has sadly proved too lovely to be true. And here it is, in the Cambodian forest at Banteay Srei, carved not out of the stuff that dreams are made of, but of solid sandstone.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Sambor Prei Kuk tour 1Day
- Jungle's temples tour 1Day
- Royal Cities Explorer 7Days-6Nights
- Beng Melea and Koh Ker Temple - Group Tour
- Siem Reap & Phnom Penh Transfer (door to door service, Small Group)
- Angkor Wat Sunrise and Temples from Siem Reap Small-Group
- Daily Life in Cambodia tour 1Day
- Spirit Of Cambodia 14Days-13Nights
- Angkor Wat Tour from Sunrise by Tuk Tuk
- Phnom Kulen and Beng Melea tour 1Day
- Rosana Broadway Cabaret Show
- Angkor Wat Private Tour in a Tuk Tuk