In the foothills of Kulen Mountain, lies the Bos Thom Community Forest, 1100 acres of protected forest inhabited by the 14 elephants of Angkor. For 22 years, these elephants have given rides to visitors in the temples of the world heritage site. Today, they roam free in their natural habitat and are living testimony of a changing world.
With 75 remaining captive elephants in Cambodia, the protection of this amazing animal is more critical than ever. A visit to the Kulen Elephant Forest will not only help the elephants of Angkor but all elephants in Cambodia through the KEF’s longer term objectives, for we believe in the power of education and tourism as drivers for conservation.
The elephants at the Kulen Elephant Forest have spent most of their lives working in the tourism industry and are enjoying a long-awaited and well-deserved retirement. Here in the forest, they can finally roam free and unburdened. They will rediscover relationships, natural foods they haven’t eaten in years, and receive the best of care.
Our mission is to provide our residents with a happy and comfortable retirement but also to offer a fun, educational approach to elephant conservation and contribute as much as possible to preserving the remaining elephants of Cambodia.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
- Lynnaya Urban River Resort
- La Niche D'angkor Boutique Hotel
- Shinta Mani Angkor
- Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Resort
- Anantara Angkor Resort
- THE BEIGE
- Hotel Somadevi Angkor Boutique
- Navutu Dreams Resort & Retreat
- Belmond La Residence d'Angkor
- Sokha Roth Hotel
- HARI Residence & Spa
- Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
Siem Reap Tours
- Siem Reap Airport Visa on arrival & Fast Track Services
- The river of 1000 Lingas and the Citadel of the Women tour 1Day
- Angkor Wat and Banteay Srei private day tour
- Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Temples - Private Tour from Siem Reap
- 2-Day Best of Angkor Wat and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- The trail of the lost Temples tour 4Days
- Roluos and Kompong Phluk tour 1Day
- Angkor Highlights tour
- Private car transfer from (Aranyaprathet) - Poipet Border - Siem Reap
- Royal Cities Explorer 7Days-6Nights
- Angkor Wat Sunrise and Temples from Siem Reap Small-Group
- Khmer Odyssey Part II 7Days-6Nights