Siem Reap offers a wide range of eating and drinking options with new businesses at all price ranges opening almost daily it seems. The Old Market area is, depending on your perspective, either an exciting and vibrant place offering a vast selection of eating and drinking options that is not to be missed, or a tourist ghetto offering a vast selection of generally non-authentic eating and drinking options that should be avoided at all costs. More likely your reality will lie somewhere in between, closer to which side is entirely up to you. Personally, I would neither over nor under-emphasize the area. Go at least once and draw your own conclusions and don't feel ashamed of your opinion no matter which side of the spectrum it should fall.
The growth of the area started on what is now almost officially (there's a sign up now) known as "Pub Street"; or "Bar Street,"; depending on your choice of terminology, but food and drink options have since spread to a number of surrounding streets as well.
Siem Reap Pub Street itself would at this point, probably be more accurately known as "Food Street". With two exceptions, The Angkor What? Bar and Temple Club, as the emphasis here is now almost entirely on food opposed to drinking. That said, in the alleys and streets running both parallel and perpendicular to "Pub/Bar/Food Street" you can not only find more restaurants but many bars as well. Drinking until the wee hours of the morning remains a very viable activity here. The alleyway to the north of "Pub Street" has recently seen several new bars open, while the alleyway to the south has been filled up with restaurants.
There are also a number of restaurants along Sivatha Blvd (the main north - south road a block or so west of the market) offering a variety of Western and Asian cuisines. And more recently a string of garden style restaurants have appeared on Wat Bo Road, east of the river.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Angkor With Your Heart 7Days-6Nights
- Roluos and Kompong Phluk tour 1Day
- Cambodia Unlocked 7Days/6Nights
- The trail of the lost Temples tour 4Days
- Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Temples - Private Tour from Siem Reap
- Floating Villages tour 1Day
- Nothern Cambodia Explorer 14Days-13Nights
- Charity Vacations 7Days-6Nights
- Private transfer from Siem Reap Bus station to hotel in the city
- Floating Villages, Tonle Sap Lake and Mangrove Forest from Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Airport transfers - private from airport or hotel
- Small Group Sunset Cruise on Tonle Sap Lake with Cambodian drinks and Canape