The Land Mine Museum is run by Aki Ra, a former Khmer Rouge child soldier and landmine layer. He started off by turning the garden of his home into a museum of mines and other ordnance. The museum is now located in a purpose built location approximately 12 miles from Siem Reap in the direction of Banteay Srei.
A humbling experience that is also supporting an amazing cause. Check out many of the landmines that Aki Ra and his team have collected throughout Cambodia on their de-mining mission.
Aki Ra is a former Khmer Rouge conscripted child soldier who works as a deminer and museum curator in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Aki Ra is unsure of his age, but believes he was born in 1973. His parents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. Orphaned in the Khmer Rouge camp, he was taken in by a woman named Yourn who raised him and several other orphaned children until he was conscripted into the Khmer Rouge army at about 10 years of age.
Mae Yourn (Mother Yourn), who lived and worked at the Cambodia Landmine Museum, died at the age of 66 in April 2010 from complications from diabetes.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Khmer Odyssey Part II 7Days-6Nights
- Floating Villages, Tonle Sap Lake and Mangrove Forest from Siem Reap
- Phnom Kulen National Park Ticket
- Angkor Wat Excursions with Khmer Lunch and Entrance fee
- Private car transfer from (Aranyaprathet) - Poipet Border - Siem Reap
- Full-day Small-Group Angkor Wat Tour from Siem Reap
- Rolous Group and Preah Khan - Private Day Tour
- Cambodia Unlocked 7Days/6Nights
- Rosana Broadway Cabaret Show
- Charity Vacations 7Days-6Nights
- Royal Cities Explorer 7Days-6Nights
- 2-Day Exploration of Beng Mealea, Koh Ker and Preah Vihear