The Land Mine Museum is run by Aki Ra, a former Khmer Rouge child soldier and landmine layer. He started off by turning the garden of his home into a museum of mines and other ordnance. The museum is now located in a purpose built location approximately 12 miles from Siem Reap in the direction of Banteay Srei.
A humbling experience that is also supporting an amazing cause. Check out many of the landmines that Aki Ra and his team have collected throughout Cambodia on their de-mining mission.
Aki Ra is a former Khmer Rouge conscripted child soldier who works as a deminer and museum curator in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Aki Ra is unsure of his age, but believes he was born in 1973. His parents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. Orphaned in the Khmer Rouge camp, he was taken in by a woman named Yourn who raised him and several other orphaned children until he was conscripted into the Khmer Rouge army at about 10 years of age.
Mae Yourn (Mother Yourn), who lived and worked at the Cambodia Landmine Museum, died at the age of 66 in April 2010 from complications from diabetes.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Siem Reap Cook in a Tuk Tuk (Cooking Class)
- The Complete Khmer Odyssey 14Days-13Nights
- Spirit Of Cambodia 14Days-13Nights
- Rosana Broadway Cabaret Show
- Tonle Sap Lake Adventure 14Days-13Nights
- Phnom Kulen National Park Ticket
- Angkor Wat Sunrise and Temples from Siem Reap Small-Group
- Siem Reap and Phnom Penh Highlights in 5 days from Angkor Wat
- Siem Reap Airport Visa on arrival & Fast Track Services
- 2-Day Exploration of Beng Mealea, Koh Ker and Preah Vihear
- Siem Reap Phare Circus Show
- Smile of Angkor Show