The Land Mine Museum is run by Aki Ra, a former Khmer Rouge child soldier and landmine layer. He started off by turning the garden of his home into a museum of mines and other ordnance. The museum is now located in a purpose built location approximately 12 miles from Siem Reap in the direction of Banteay Srei.
A humbling experience that is also supporting an amazing cause. Check out many of the landmines that Aki Ra and his team have collected throughout Cambodia on their de-mining mission.
Aki Ra is a former Khmer Rouge conscripted child soldier who works as a deminer and museum curator in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Aki Ra is unsure of his age, but believes he was born in 1973. His parents were killed by the Khmer Rouge. Orphaned in the Khmer Rouge camp, he was taken in by a woman named Yourn who raised him and several other orphaned children until he was conscripted into the Khmer Rouge army at about 10 years of age.
Mae Yourn (Mother Yourn), who lived and worked at the Cambodia Landmine Museum, died at the age of 66 in April 2010 from complications from diabetes.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Sambor Prei Kuk tour 1Day
- Angkor Wat Private Full Day Tour from Siem Reap
- The trail of the lost Temples tour 4Days
- Rosana Broadway Cabaret Show
- Daily Life in Cambodia tour 1Day
- Siem Reap & Phnom Penh Transfer (door to door service, Small Group)
- Phnom Kulen and 1000 Lingas River - Private Day Tour from Siem Reap
- Sambor Prei Kuk - Homestay tour 2Days
- Cambodia Unlocked 7Days/6Nights
- Angkor Wat Tour from Sunrise by Tuk Tuk
- The Complete Khmer Odyssey 14Days-13Nights
- Phnom Kulen National Park Ticket