In the foothills of Kulen Mountain, lies the Bos Thom Community Forest, 1100 acres of protected forest inhabited by the 14 elephants of Angkor. For 22 years, these elephants have given rides to visitors in the temples of the world heritage site. Today, they roam free in their natural habitat and are living testimony of a changing world.
With 75 remaining captive elephants in Cambodia, the protection of this amazing animal is more critical than ever. A visit to the Kulen Elephant Forest will not only help the elephants of Angkor but all elephants in Cambodia through the KEF’s longer term objectives, for we believe in the power of education and tourism as drivers for conservation.
The elephants at the Kulen Elephant Forest have spent most of their lives working in the tourism industry and are enjoying a long-awaited and well-deserved retirement. Here in the forest, they can finally roam free and unburdened. They will rediscover relationships, natural foods they haven’t eaten in years, and receive the best of care.
Our mission is to provide our residents with a happy and comfortable retirement but also to offer a fun, educational approach to elephant conservation and contribute as much as possible to preserving the remaining elephants of Cambodia.
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- 3-Day Majestic Angkor Wat, Siem Reap and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Rolous Group and Preah Khan - Private Day Tour
- Siem Reap Nightlife Tour Assistance
- Remote temples tour 1Day
- Angkor Wat Private Full Day Tour from Siem Reap
- Full-day Banteay Srei, Preah Dak, and Temples Tour from Siem Reap
- Angkor Wat Excursions with Khmer Lunch and Entrance fee
- Spirit Of Cambodia 14Days-13Nights
- Khmer Odyssey Part II 7Days-6Nights
- Private Angkor Wat and Temples Tours till Sunset
- Majestic Angkor tour 3Days
- Siem Reap Phare Circus Show