The Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre (BBC) is a new tourist attraction for Siem Reap Province featuring a live display of Cambodian butterflies. Revenue generated by tourist admissions provides support for local poverty alleviation and conservation projects.
Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre (BBC) is an interactive butterfly exhibit located 25 km north of Siem Reap, on the road to the Landmine Museum and Bantey Srey temple. The exhibit consists of a netted tropical garden with thousands of free-flying butterflies, all of which are native species to Cambodia. The enclosure is South East Asia's largest butterfly exhibit and provides residents and tourists with an interactive and visual environment to learn about butterflies and support local communities.
At BBC it is possible to experience butterflies feeding and flying very close at hand and to witness the complete life cycle of many species. The butterflies (in pupae form) are farmed sustainably by people from villages in the Siem Reap Province. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will greet you on your arrival and will explain the background to the project and about butterfly life-cycle and ecology.
We are open 7 days a week, 9 am - 5 pm, all year round.
Admission Fees Adult: $6 Child: $3
- Siem Reap
Siem Reap Hotels
Siem Reap Tours
- Siem Reap Evening Street foods, Night Market and Pub Street by Tuk Tuk
- Khmer Odyssey Part I 7Days-6Nights
- Angkor Wat Tour from Sunrise by Tuk Tuk
- Angkor By Bike 5Days - 4Nights
- 3-Day Majestic Angkor Wat, Siem Reap and Tonle Sap Lake Tour
- Phnom Kulen and 1000 Lingas River - Private Day Tour from Siem Reap
- Siem Reap Nightlife Tour Assistance
- Phnom Kulen and Beng Melea tour 1Day
- Full-Day Beng Mealea Remote temple, Phnom Kulen and 1000 Linga River Tour
- Tonle Sap Lake and Kampong Phluk Private Half Day tour from Siem Reap
- Cambodia Unlocked 7Days/6Nights
- Private Angkor Wat and Temples Tours till Sunset